Yoram Yasur Abt | The acid-alkaline balance is essential for life. It respects the Law of Polarity, per which everything has 2 poles.
Every pair of opposites are the ends of the same. The balance is in the center. PH is the unit of measure indicating the degree of acidity. Or alkalinity of a substance, on a scale ranging from 0 to 14.
Also the 7 would be the equilibrium fair point. From 0 to 7 is considered acid and from 7 to 14, alkaline.
For the vital processes to be fulfilled, our internal environment must be slightly alkaline. Excess acids have an aggressive and corrosive action on our tissues.
Attending to the acid – base balance of our organism will allow us to eliminate some annoying symptoms. Also with which we are accustomed to live.
The body is loaded with waste and toxins that make large amounts of carbon dioxide in the blood.
“People who are nervous, thin, cold, allergic, with joint pain, with caries, stones, or osteoporosis. Will have greater needs for alkaline and detoxifying products. In the same way that we are not all the same, always of the year we do not need the same nutrients”.
We must remove acidic toxins from the body and in turn increase the consumption of fruits (preferably season and ripe). And vegetables (raw, steamed or consumed with their broth).
Foods that acidify:
- Proteins: more animals (meat, sausages, fish, eggs, cheeses …) than vegetables (legumes, nuts – except almond). WHO recommends a protein percentage of 12-15% of total calories. If consumed in adequate amounts and compensated with sufficient alkaline foods, the result is balanced.
- Sugar: White sugar, when manipulated, has deprived itself of all its minerals and enzymes. And the acidic waste of its metabolism are difficult to neutralize. Phosphoric acid from certain artificial soft drinks accentuates the acidic effect.
- Refined cereals. Cereals are considered neutral if they are consumed whole, since the slight acid effect is compensated with the alkaline minerals that contain their shell and the germ. Refining removes minerals. Residues of the metabolism experience until their elimination several reactions. Catalyzed by vitamins and minerals scarce in a diet rich in refined products of conventional culture.
- Coffee, tea, cocoa, wine.
- Vegetables (except tomato) especially green leaves: Better if they are organic because the abundance of nitrates and potassium (in fertilizers) reduces the absorption in the plant of other minerals. In addition, agricultural soil has a progressively lower content of trace elements, essential for the formation of bones. In vegetables, nitrates are concentrated in the leaves, being able to transform into nitrites and these into nitrosamines, a reaction that the plastic packaging favors.
- Algae: for its richness in calcium, magnesium and other trace elements that facilitate its absorption. A wake kelp leaf can be added to soups and kombu to legumes. Miso and tamari are fermented soy products.
- Contrary to popular belief, acidic fruits – lemon, for example – are not usually acidifying. Also since their digestion leaves alkaline mineral residues. If they cause acidity, it can be due to digestive difficulty to transform those acids. We must choose what we feel good: the fruit of the region and the season better.
How to achieve a good acid-alkaline balance:
- Sugar is a cancer-stimulating food. Yoram Yasur Abt: “Removing the refined sugar from our food eliminates a food that favors the proliferation of cancer cells. A good substitute for sugar is honey, but always in controlled amounts. To the table salt is added a chemical to bleach it. Also which is stimulant of cancer cells. The best alternative is sea salt”.
- Milk produces mucus in the body, especially in the gastrointestinal tract. Eliminating milk and replacing it with unsweetened soy milk, we get the cancer cells to die.
- The cancer cells develop in an acidic environment. A diet based on meat products is acidic. So better to eat fish and white meat (chicken) instead of red meat (pork).
- Unsaturated fats should correspond to no more than 30% of the total daily diet. We must not forget that nervous tissue. And also hormonal products like cell membranes are fat and therefore it is important to respect this percentage and not suppress it. Daily amounts do not have a limitation except for diabetics.
- Anger, loneliness, and sadness will cause strong stress to the body, creating an acidic environment in it. Also learning to have a kind spirit will help to improve illness conditions. Learning to relax and enjoy life are useful tools for one’s own well-being.